Mention Kowdiar and it is the residential palace of the royal family that comes to mind. Standing majestically amidst swathes of trees with the city having grown around it over the years, Kowdiar still remains a hub for many social activities. The ‘Raja patha’ or ‘Royal path’ begins from Kowdiar, leading all the way to East Fort where the royal family would arrive to offer their prayers at the Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple.
Kowdiar is where the Raj Bhavan, the official residence of the governor is located. The upscale locality is also home to bureaucrats, celebrities, businessmen and other well-heeled personalities. It has attracted. Mansions has had the privilege of developing numerous Hi Rise and Lo Rise luxury apartment complexes in and around Kowdiar since 2005 with our most upscale project yet, Skyluxe Hi-Luxury Apartments located at Golf Links. Skyluxe is the celebration of 30 years of Mansions.
We also have our ‘Lo’ Rise’ luxury apartments Mansions Palm Hills in Peroorkada, 2km from Kowdiar for those who want the safety of a gated community but also prefer living closer to the ground. At just four floors and 20 apartments of 2 & 3 BHK options, amenities include a children’s play area, fitness centre, generator back-up, access control with proximity sensor card, rooftop party area and AC furnished guest suite.
Let’s look at what has made Kowdiar the ‘it’ place and a much-coveted address:
- Centrally-located, Kowdiar has a well-maintained boulevard for morning and evening walkers. Dawn and dusk bring many people to Kowdiar Square. Over the years, various clubs have made it their meeting spot, be it for running, cycling or roller skating. Marathons always include the Kowdiar stretch for its level roads.
- Broad, double-lane roads make the area a delight to drive in. The presence of cameras generally discourage speed driving.
- Popular schools like Christ Nagar, Nirmala Bhavan, Kendriya Vidyalaya in a 5km radius.
- SUT Royal Hospital, S.K. Hospital, Cosmopolitan Hospital, Government Medical College within 5-6km
- Railway station within 5km and Trivandrum International Airport within 10km
- Kowdiar Park for children
- Napier Museum, Kanakakunnu Palace grounds, Thiruvananthapuram zoo
- Trivandrum Club and Sri Moolam Club for social evenings
- Udaya Convention Centre for events
- Outlets like Narmada Shopping Complex for daily supplies and branded retail showrooms along Keston Road for shopping
- An array of restaurants and cafes along Kuravankonam and Sasthamangalam
- Trivandrum Golf Club and Trivandrum Tennis Club